Tuesday, November 4, 2014

New Release: Cold War Kids

Cold War Kids just released their fifth studio album titled, Hold My Home. I have read mixed reviews about it, the less positive ones all  closely revolving around the same critique that it is overly produced and lacking their unique sound which in my opinion, they hit hardest with on Robbers and Cowards.  Since then, they have gained and lost new members. New members include drummer Joe Plummer and guitarist Dan Galluci who are both former members of Modest Mouse. Singer, Nathan Willet continues to deliver with his outstanding vocal range and deeply felt lyrics. Of course, when new members arrive and certain ones are lost it is inevitable that there will be a change in the sound and in their performances. I have mixed feelings. There are some really solid songs on there but the album as a whole has not caught on to me yet. I'm willing to give it more listen ..it might grow on me. See for yourself...check out the songs "Hot Coals" "All This Could Be Yours"


No comments:

Post a Comment